Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Last week I took a lot of over the counter sleep aidesto get…

Customer Question
Last week I took...

Last week I took a lot of over the counter sleep aidesto get to sleep the next day there was blood in my urine, no pain, this week I mowed the lawn and now my lft kidney hurts It seems to be going away maybe not can you help?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I have sleep insomnia, I'm 79 yrs.old, 6 monthes ago a dr, ran a scope in my bladder it ok and my prostate was good can to much over the counter damage the kidneys

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Medical
5/27/2018
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 23 days ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry you had bloody urine and now have pain over your left kidney. This may be muscle strain or the beginning of a kidney infection (Glomerulonephritis). May I suggest you schedule an appointment with your doctor to have your kidneys evaluated. The Sleep Aides that you took should not have caused these symptoms and should not have caused kidney damage. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 20 days ago

Were you able to see your doctor and are you feeling better?