Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife is experiencing severs pains under her left side…

Customer Question
My wife is experiencing...

My wife is experiencing severs pains under her left side below her breast. it's been about a week. She is being very adament about going to the hospital. I understand her reasoning but perhaps if she were to speek to someone at your facility it may change her mind my telephone number here is(###) ###-#### could you please call us at our home I'd appriciated it greatly. PLEASE call us I feel it's urgent thankyou

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Approx 8 days any and all movements seem to increase her pain. perhaps if you were to speak to her she may understand the severity of the location of these pains

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm her husband but she is being very argumentative

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD

Hello, my name is***** and I am an internal medicine doctor. I would like to assist your wife with her health concerns.

Kindly please provide me the following information:

Her age-

Her medical conditions- any history of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure

Any difficulty breathing associated with her symptoms?

How did her symptoms begin - did it start after a specific movement or exercise/ trauma, or was she coughing then her chest started hurting?
I will await your responses, thank you.

There were many issues I have not mentioned The punctuation of the left frontal lobe in 3 places aprox.1and a half inches deep. I could go on and on but I'll leave it at that for now I'll wait on a response from you sincerely ***** *****
IT Appears to me already that money is more important. I expected that issue would be brought up sooner or later. I'll save the 50 dollars for some other need. Thanks for keeping it real

I just got back on line and read your response. I apologize for the wait and I apologize that the website automatically generated a phone call request. We do not have to speak on the phone, we can continue to chat here until you are satisfied that your questions were answered.

With any kind of chest pain, evaluation in the ER is definitely and absolutely recommended. The ER will do an EKG for the heart, a chest xray, some blood tests for the heart.

Based on your wife's symptoms, it is unusual for the pain to be cardiac related because it is worse with movement.

The most likely cause is costochondritis, or inflammation of the muscles in between the rib cages. This can happen for no apparent reason and will need to be treated with pain medication.

But before we can absolutely point to an etiology, she will need to undergo a work up as mentioned above.

I am available for any follow up questions that you may have. Thanks.