Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is stem cell therapy appropiate for cancerous tumors of

Customer Question
Is stem cell therapy...

Is stem cell therapy appropiate for cancerous tumors of brain?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

My friend who has the tumors is a physician Dr. Renu Jalota ret. so yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Renu THIS TYPE OF TUMOR REMOVED ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO.RENU

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 2 months ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

hello –

Unfortunately, there is no evidence that stem cell therapy is helpful for any kind of cancerous tumor in the brain.

Much of the stem cell therapy is advertised by unscrupulous physicians outside the country, charging large amounts of money for unproven therapies.

While there are some promising therapies including injections of vaccines into specific brain tumors that may eventually be the standard of treatment for some types of brain cancer, at this current time there is not any stem cell therapy that would be beneficial for brain cancer.