Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have fallen a few times on my left knee. It dose seem o be

i have fallen a few times on my left knee. It dose seem o be healing back to normal.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: no none but i can kneel down it and the area is kind of tinder to the touch.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do wear a knee high support stocking on left and a full thigh on right. My leg doctor about a year and a half ago that i did not need a full one on the left as i had not had a clot like the right. I mainly wear it to try to even out what feels level when i stand up

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What are your age and gender?

What did your investigations show?

What are the treatment done?

Any overweight issue?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am 67 I have talked to my doctor yet so no treatment has been done

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
weight is 204 lbs on a 5 ft 10 inch frame

This is likely to be;

1) Osteoarthritis (degenerative arthritis)

2) Injuries to the soft tissues (ligaments, muscles, tendon).

You need an x-ray and an MRI for the assessment.

Meanwhile following would help;

1) Knee care in the activities of daily living. Few simple self-care measures can be remarkably effective in ending pain cycle.

a) Avoid prolonged standing or walking or sitting with the joint in a single position.

b) whenever you sit, keep the knee stretched and fold them intermittently.

c) Squatting, sitting cross-legged should not be done.

d) Avoid climbing stairs.

e) Avoid sitting legs unsupported or hanging.

f) Reduce weight if overweight/obese.

2) Rest: Taking a break from your normal activities reduces repetitive strain on your knee, gives the time to heal and helps prevent further damage.

3) Anti-inflammatory medications

4) Physical therapy; the goal of physical therapy is to strengthen the muscles around your knee and help you regain knee stability. An ideal is supervised physical therapy. Stretching exercises are also part of the physical therapy regime.

5) Orthotics and bracing.

6) Acupuncture

7) Light massage

8) Deep electrotherapy

9) Warm Compresses

10) Local analgesic spray.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am getting answers on my phone that i can not see. Please us this***@******.*** as i can see and answer them here. as i ahve been doing I am a male

You may need to refresh the page.

If you still can't see, I will copy and paste the answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no need for you to do that I can see all 10 of teh things you listed thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.