Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Lump just above the belt line, on right side of spine. About…

Customer Question
Lump just above the...

Lump just above the belt line, on right side of spine

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

About a week and its hard

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Admitted heavy drinker

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it sounds most likely like a benign subaceous cyst on the back side.

do you have a doctor you can see who can look at it for you

it sounds like you may need help to also cut down and stop drinking.

my stomach and back are in severe pain

heavy alcohol use can cause gastritis and damage to your stomach lining

and weight gain which can cause more strain on your back.

it sounds like you need to see a doctor.

are you able to quit alcohol on your own?