Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m done with my period and my breasts are still painful,

Customer Question
I’m done with my...

I’m done with my period and my breasts are still painful, also, still bleeding a little bit And I’m on birth control pills

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take norethindrone since march

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No And I did a pregnancy test, which is negative

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 23 days ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am so sorry to hear about your mild bleeding/spotting.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Any history of irregularity in periods?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I’m 31 and normally when I’m on pills, my period is really regular
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Do you think it’s an infection?

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Please stay online.I am about to post the detailed answer.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having mild bleeding/spotting and breast pain after finishing your period can be due to various causes.

The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones.

Stress/anxiety is one of the most common cause that disturbs the female menstrual cycle.

Please stop worrying and be relaxed.

It can be due to hormonal imbalance.No need to worry at all. Such fluctuation, can happen sometimes in women’s life.

No,this does not seem to be due to an infection.

As this has happened for the first time,I advise you to wait & watch your symptoms. Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this. Usually & most likely this gets subside on its own.

For breast pain relief-take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Eat healthy & nurtrious.Take nutrious diet containing good amount of iron,calcium,magnesium,multivitamins.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance

I am online & waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 22 days ago

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh