Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is hiv positive. Its not me

Customer Question
What is hiv positive ...

What is hiv positive

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Its not me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/25/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Means the person has HIV . Its the virus which eventually causes AIDS

but do they have aids?
what is hiv negative?

AIDS develops when the cell count i.e CD4 cells falls to dangerously low levels .

HIV negative means no HIV/AIDS

Please do remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards

Hello ,

I hope you are good . This is to request you to reward credit for my consult by leaving a positive rating to my answer .

Would be grateful for your time.

Stay blessed ,

Regards

The viral load is also called the cd4 count?

No its different . Viral load mean total copies of HIV virus in blood while CD4 cells are targetted by the virus so their count eventually falls in advanced disease