Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 41. Have have uterine fibroids. My boyfriend told me…

I am 41....

I am 41. Have have uterine fibroids. My boyfriend told me something super embarrassing and I just want to know if you have any tips or suggestions

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

He said that every time we have sex There's a sticky slimy milky looking discharge with a strange odor but I don't smell anything so I want to know what your thoughts are

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

I just went in for my annual a couple of weeks ago and they didn't do a pap smear because I had won the year before and they said it was fine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. That i used to get yeast infections alot, but no any more

5/25/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

how long do you have to initiate sexual activity?
How long have you had these symptoms?

Well my my boyfriend told me this information yesterday then he said it happens every time we have sex like afterwards and he goes to the bathroom and cleaned up is a sticky white discharge and it's slimy and it has a weird odor but I haven't noticed anything and we've been dating for 7 months and he said it happens every single time
Well my boyfriend told me this information yesterday. then he said it happens every time we have sex. likafterwards and he goes to the bathroom and cleaned up is a sticky white discharge and it's slimy and it has a weird odor but I haven't noticed anything and we've been dating for 7 months and he said it happens every single time
Well my boyfriend told me this information yesterday. th he said it happens every time we have sex. likafterwards and he goes to the bathroom and cleaned up is a sticky white discharge and it's slimy and it has a weird odor but I haven't noticed anything and we've been dating for 7 months and he said it happens every single time

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear friend, for what you mention is something normal that with sexual activity the vaginal discharge is modified, since the introduction of the penis represents an aggression to the bacterial flora typical of the vagina. by modifying it.
When sex occurs, vaginal fluids, plus male fluids can precipitate and generate these secretions.
When this occurs despite having no symptoms, you should have a culture of vaginal discharge and be treated with clotrimazole topical with both you and your partner.
Once the treatment is finished the vaginal flora is regulated but this can take a little time, you should not be alarmed but I suggest you go to your gynecologist for a new examination and suggest clotrimazole (monistat) ovules

Edgar Rubio Villegas

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

any question?

Can you prescribe something for this? My insurance doesn't cover my Drs office. It will cost me 160

you can use monistat 3 over-the-counter a- which will apply for 3 consecutive nights,
You'll notice an improvement.

for him?

He can use Miconazole cream which he will apply every 12 hours for 5 days.

any doubt?

Ok. Thank you.

you're welcome.

I hope this information will be helpful.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.