Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was just looking for information on causes of hypoechoic…

Customer Question
I was just looking...

I was just looking for information on causes of hypoechoic lymph nodes between 1 and 3cm of the supraclavicular, cervical, axillary, and mammary areas for 6 months.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Just fatigue. No weight loss, fever, or rashes but my skin is really itchy. My CBC was normal and I have had 2 ultrasounds (Feb 2018 and May 2018) with no shrinkage, some stayed the same and a few got larger

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Lymph nodes have been swollen since October 2017. When I scratch my skin it leaves welts and if I put a cool cloth on it and don't mess with it then it feels better.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had 5 abdominal hernia surgeries, 3 with surgical mesh implantation. The last one was in 2011. I do experience a lot of joint pain and I have been diagnosed with primary Raynauds syndrome. My mom has fibromyalgia.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Medical
5/25/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 25 days ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

There can be many causes for hypoechoic lymph nodes between 1 and 3cm of the supraclavicular, cervical, axillary, and mammary areas for 6 months:

1) Epstein-Barr virus,

2) cytomegalovirus

3) megaloblastic anemia

4) histoplasmosis,

5) tuberculosis

5) hyperthyroidism

6) sarcoidosis,

7) amyloidosis

8) lymphoma

9) leukemia

10) allergies

11) autoimmune disorders.

You may need a biopsy or ABC (aspiration biopsy cytology) of the lymph node for the ascertainment of the diagnosis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What type of additional blood testing would be useful to diagnose the cause of the issue.

The blood tests may not give a concrete diagnosis.

Biopsy or ABC are the best investigations to conclude.

You may get the following blood work;

Autoimmune panel

EBC virus antibodies

Anemia panel

Peripheral blood smear

Thyroid function tests

Allergy tests

Sedimentation rate

CRP

TB gold

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 24 days ago

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.