Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am asking this question for a new friend I am very

Customer Question
concerned about. This friend is...
I am asking this question for a new friend I am very concerned about. This friend is a male, early 50s who has been diagnosed with some sort of heart issue. Unfortunately I cannot remember exactly the diagnosis. In addition this person is diabetic but is presently not taking the pills he is supposed to take . The very first interaction with him involved him violently vomiting after having to quickly pull the car he was driving over. This became a regular situation throughout the day and has remained every day for almost 2 weeks now. He is obviously fatigued, which I assume comes from lack of nutrients, since he is unable to keep anything down. I tried to help him pinpoint foods that possibly would cause him to have a reaction to but other than some milk products, it really doesn't matter what he tries to put in his stomach, it all comes up. I did notice that some of the vomit is yellow. I don't know if this means anything. Can someone help we figure out the situation since he is very hard headed and refuses to go to the hospital unless I can give him a real good answer to what's going on that would get him to get up and go
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/25/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Do you have any idea, how long is it going on? Is there any difficulty in swallowing? is the any sweet smell in his breath? Is he confuse, disoriented, dizzy?

Any heartburn, acid reflux, upper abdomen pain/burning? Blood in vomit?

Hello. Sorry for the delay. When I ask my friend how long has he been going on it, he just replied with raised eyebrows that it had been going on for quite a while. I have known him for almost two weeks and it has been going on everyday. As far as difficulty swallowing... No... Sweet smell on his breath... Not that I'm aware of but I will check next time I'm around him... he has mentioned that he gets dizzy, yes... he seems a little confused and forgetful about conversations that have just occurred Within day's range in fact he seems to get them completely... He does say he has a lot of pain in his stomach dr. He is not mention any blood in vomit. I can also tell you that this comes on very very suddenly. There doesn't seem to be much time for nausea or anything prior it's just wham bam and it happens