Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up last night with very bad stomach pain and throwing…

Customer Question
I woke up last...

I woke up last night with very bad stomach pain and throwing up. I have not thrown up anymore or had diarrhea. However the pain was very weird. It was right believe below my rib cage right where my stomach is and it almost felt like somebody was twisting my stomach or my stomach was having a muscle spasm and there was a burning sensation . The last few weeks I have had heartburn really bad until the last couple of nights it has not been very bad at all. I did not eat anything spicy and I did not eat out. I am not sure if I just have a touch of the flu, or if there something I need to be worried about. Or maybe I need to follow a soft diet. I have not eaten yet this morning anything but crackers. And my stomach is sore

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

I have not had pain since last night. My stomach is a little queasy this morning and I feel a little nauseous with a headache. But nothing like last night. And I had not had that before

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Do you have pain in right lower abdomen?

How many times, have you vomited?

Age and gender?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Last night the pain was that an eight today it is that about it too. I vomited last night about four times. I’m 47 and female. I am a borderline diabetic and I have psoriasis. But both are under control
I have also had more candy such as almond joy and snickers and the last few weeks than normal. Yesterday I only had two candy bars. But I don’t know if that would have anything to do with it

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, such symptoms can come from a few causes. These are-
1. Appendicitis- It can occur due to infection or obstruction in the appendix.

2 Colitis or inflammation of intestines.

3. Gallbladder inflammation or stone.

Appendix pain is usually acute. It starts with aching pain that begins around your belly button and often shifts to your lower right abdomen. Also such pain can becomes sharper over several hours. It is associated with tenderness that occurs when one apply pressure to your lower right abdomen.

To make a diagnose, you need to undergo-
-Blood tests
-Urine test
-Ultrasound of abdomen
A physical examination should be done by doctor.

You should take plenty of fluids, Avoid caffeine and alcohol. You should take light meals. You can take OTC tab. acetaminophen for pain.

You should not delay and get it immediately evaluated by your doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

My appendix are out. Hey do you have IBS now that you mention it. But it has been under control for a while. Thank you so much
I do have IBS

You should be checked for - Gall bladder stone.

Sometimes, IBS symptoms can get aggravated, with a change in dietary habits.

This should be further clinically evaluated by your doctor.

Please see your primary doctor and get it managed.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh