Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m going on vacation and would like a med that can stop my…

Customer Question
I’m going on vacation...

I’m going on vacation and would like a med that can stop my period if it comes while I’m there

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Not regular, no pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Normally I have heavy bleeding for the first three days and the bleeding will continue for so many days, but light bleeding

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/25/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Thank you for waiting.
I understand your problem.
You can take Norethisterone tablet.
It needs to be started at least 3 days before your expected period.
It can be continued for up to 3-4 weeks if necessary.
Period would start after 2-3 days of stopping the tablet.
You can consult your doctor for a prescription of it.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Can I get a prescription from you

I am sorry.
On line prescription is not valid & will not be served by pharmacy.
It is not ethical too to prescribe without examining in person.

Ok, thx

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards