Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Worried about gastric symptoms please can someone help me…

Customer Question
Worried about gastric symptoms please...
Worried about gastric symptoms please can someone help me
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Medical
5/25/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 29 days ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Age and gender?

Please tell about your symptoms?

Do you get severe abdomen cramps?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Any change in bowel movements?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok here’s the story I’ve been having lighter stools and went to the doctor around a month ago got a liver panel and a blood test would that rule out jaundice for the cause of the light stools ?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I’m gunna upload some pics to give you an idea

Yes, please share pictures.

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
1.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
2.

Thanks for sharing pictures.

Please allow me just few minutes.
I'll reply you back soon.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
This all started when I severely increased my fat intake almost to the point of over eating because I worried I had gastric cancer now that seems to have made things worse I’m also worried that the gastric cancer has spread to my pancreas causing these symptoms
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
This is my liver panel 2 weeks after the stools started

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details and sharing a clear picture.

Well, the ideal color of stool is medium brown similar to the color of plain cardboard.

The bile salts from the liver give stool its brownish color.

Whenever there is insufficient bile output, it can cause Lighter color of stool.

Also, there are some food that can make yellow color of stool , like peppermint, fatty foods, alcohol, coffee, and chocolate.

It may also be the sign of a bacterial infection in the intestines.

Please don’t think for gastric cancer. As such, your symptoms are not related with a serious issue like gastric cancer. Please be relaxed.

The increase of fatty foods could be the reason for such change in stool color.

You can also get a stool culture test done, as the bacterial infection is also a common possibility.

You should further, get it clinically evaluated by your doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I should also disclose I’m 23 years old my stomach also has horrible rumbling and I wake up with lower abdomen pain and gas really bad my stools have also become oily like stehorreah I haven’t changed my diet much still eating pretty unhealthy stuff but now it seems I have a malabsorption problem as well wouldn’t normal billirubin rule out the cause as a bile problem

Well, It is possible that, you are experiencing - Steatorrhea, which is fatty stools in which you do see oil.

The most common cause of this is-

malabsorption, other causes include pancreatitis, hyperthyroidism, or biliary problems.

To make a diagnose, you would require blood work including liver enzymes, lipase, amylase, vitamin b6,

anti-gluten antigen. You may also require imaging studies such as a colonoscopy for diagnosis.

For the time, you should eat a diet low in fat, rich in fruits/vegetables.

Also eating foods high in fibers is recommended. These foods include the green vegetables, lentils, black beans, and fruits.

A thorough clinical evaluation and tests would be diagnostic.

Please start with your primary doctor and get this issue managed.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh