Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I started having pain in my right lower quadrant on Sunday…

Customer Question
I started having pain...

I started having pain in my right lower quadrant on Sunday night. It felt like I had trapped gas, I took gas ex for 2 days with no relief. I have had a total hysterectomy. After the two days of constant pain the pain has not turned into a pressure feeling that I feel when emptying my bladder but when I have bowel movement which is soft stool it feels like something is pulling inside my intestine and is most painful. If I pass gas I have some pressure discomfort. Otherwise I do not feel bad

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

5 days, no other symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have diabetes insipidus

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/25/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How is your stool frequency?

Is there any blood in it/

How is urine?

How old are you?

Did you take any other medicine?

Any other symptom or past illness?

I am 40, soft stools daily, no blood or mucus, urine is fine just have pressure as I am emptying my bladder worsening the more empty that it gets but the worst pain in will bowel movement. I have not taken any other medicine besides the ddavp I take daily and estrDiol

How is the color of urine?

Normal light yellow to clear

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The pain at lower right quadrant can come from a few causes.

Colitis or inflammation of intestines can cause pain here.
This can cause soft stool.
There can be gas, bloating with it.
Urinary infection, or stone can cause pain here.

Bladder infection can cause pain or pressure feeling.

The urine may appear normal.

Sometimes pinched nerve or muscle cramps can cause pain.

You can take Motrin or Advil for pain.

However, as the pain is felt in both the ways, I feel you need an examination by doctor.
Doctor can run tests like urinalysis, stool, ultrasound or scan.

Please take plenty of fluid or water.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.