Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've just recently had a bout of penis psoriosis..or what i…

Customer Question
Hi..I've just recently had...

Hi..I've just recently had a bout of penis psoriosis..or what i think was penis psoriosis that i believe was triggered by a combo of sex w a g/f who had yeast and vaginosis, rubbing from surfing and salt water in the tropics. I had 3 stages..first 'hongos', then a balanitis, then what i think is psoriosis. The ordeal lasted 3.5 mos. I'd like the ability to send 3 pics to get a second opinion and/some confirmation. Is this possible?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

On line yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have mouth herpes and had a bout of shingles 2 summers ago

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 24 days ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Please find attached images. This was early, middle and late stages over a 3.5 mo period
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Did you receive the above images (4)?

Yes

Thank you

Will go through the photos and reply soon

Yes , according to my experience I can tell you this looks very much like psoriasis

Can you tell me what treatments have you taken or used for this ?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
To reduce discomfort i used coconut oil and tea tree (also antifungal etc)...doctors in panama prescribed o.1% tacrolimus but i never used it. Next I guess i need to radically adjust diet..? Do you have recommendations? And just to confirm nothing in those photos looks like herpes, correct? ATM I am symptom free..but nervous as hell for another outbreak. Please advise.
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 23 days ago

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes , from my experience and evaluation of the photo that you have sent it does not look like herpes . There is nothing to worry

This very much does look like psoriasis

I would strongly recommend you to use the non steroidal option like Calcipotriol or Tacrolimus

Any one of these ointments would work best for your genital psoriasis .

No , no specific diet is needed

You would need to focus on the cleansing which includes use of Aveeno skin cleansing lotion and Aveeno eczema care cream

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Now that I have no symptoms should I be using the tacrilimus cream?
Also is this something that will continue to flare up? Do the flare ups worsen with time or get better?
How do I prevent this from happening ever again?
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 22 days ago

Yes , proactive application of Tacrolimus ointment 0.1 % should be there even when you do not have symptoms.

If you use it continuously then you would not get flare ups

It will get better over time and the ointment prevents the condition from happening recurrently .

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Family Physician, Doctor