Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Husband two weeks in to diagnose. Husband two weeks into…

Customer Question
Husband two weeks in...

Husband two weeks in to diagnose

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Husband two weeks into diagnosed facial shingles. Now he is experiencing severe nerve pain near ear. Question? How frequently do you recommend pain pills. He has been getting 500mg x 3 every five hours for the last 18 hours?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies he takes a list of meds, metformin, levothyroxine,mirtazine, tamsulosin, centrum silver, magnesium

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Age 93, had pneumonia in Dec and ulcer removed from trachia

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
5/21/2018
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I shall be consulting you today.

Could you please tell me the name of the pain medication that he is taking?

The dosage varies with every painkiller. Different painkillers have different doses.

So if you can tell me the name I would be able to advise you accurately.