Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I've found a bulge seemingly just under the skin in my groin

I've found a bulge seemingly just under the skin in my groin about 11/2 inches wide and near 4 inches long on the right side of testes running up toward stomach - wasn't there when I bathed Friday was on Saturday - what is in that area that could bulge could diverticulitis be that large and appear so quickly?????
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: have had some pain all over below stomach from time to time for a few weeks but never a bulge that is quite firm - - it lost some size and firmness after bowels moved
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing I can relate to this - diverticulitis was found in colon several years ago mostly on left and quite small - this is on the right

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you doctor - should have mentioned that I am 80 years old and have NO serious health problems, take NO meds
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I haven't the $50

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Well, from the description it sounds to be an Inguinal hernia.

A hernia occurs when an internal part of the body pushes through a weakness in the muscle or surrounding tissue wall.

It can appear as a swelling or lump in your groin, or as an enlarged scrotum (the pouch containing the testicles). The swelling may be painful.

An inguinal hernia will not heal on its own and also it is likely to become larger and cause increased discomfort until it is repaired.

If it is not repaired can cause bowel obstruction or strangulation.Also most hernias that cause symptoms or are becoming larger should be repaired by a surgeon. Hernia which is not causing pain and the size is not decreasing, may be left alone.

Your doctor will advise surgical repair to relieve discomfort and prevent serious complications.
The surgeon may choose Herniorrhaphy or Hernioplasty surgery for your disease.

The only way to ease hernia symptoms permanently is through surgery.

Please see your doctor and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh