Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If I had genital warts removed surgical.. Could I have

If I had genital...

If I had genital warts removed surgical.. Could I have reinvented myself by masturbation if wounds weren't heal. He told me not to have intercourse does intercourse mean masturbation too

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

OK just diabetic

5/18/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your warts. Actually intercourse means intercourse with another person and not masturbation. Masturbation is unlikely to cause re infection. However I would recommend that you avoid masturbation as it may delay wound healing if you touch the healing wounds repeatedly. Secondly touching the healing wounds may cause a secondary bacterial infection so it is better to be careful in this situation. A singke episode of masturbation is unlikely to cause you develop warts or even a bacterial infection but as I said it is better to refrain from it for a week so that the wounds heal completely.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today
could the bumps be scar tissue or something
Do you have a picture of the bumps that you can upload here?
Those are scar tissue forming over the area. If the area around the wounds reddens or the area swells up then it can be a bacterial infection
But this is scar tissue and not warts reforming.
Do you have anymore questions?
No so the bumps I'm feeling is scar tissue. What is the white bump. Is it normal for me to itch on the wall of the private area. And are you sure they are not reforming I'm ashamed to go to the Dr if masturbation caused something to go wrong with the procedure. I also had a cervix freeze could I have masturbatory and caused a recurrence
Masturbation would not cause issues to occur in this region or at all for that matter. The white part is tissue forming over the region it will usually change to a normal brown color over time.
I would rather observe these for the next one week and if there is redness around the wound, worsening swelling in and around the wounds or a discharge from the wound or even pain then get them re evaluated for a secondary bacterial infection. Warts are unlikely to occur again here.
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Thank you for your help I was scared and ashamed
You are welcome. No need to be scared or ashamed. Just hang in there. Do remember to leave a 5 star rating for helping you today