Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a moveable bulge/lump under the skin and the area it…

Hi I have a moveable bulge/lump...
Hi
I have a moveable bulge/lump under the skin and the area it is keeps going warm no pain
The marks are from we’re I have been touching it
5/15/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

That is were the bulge/lump is on the picture

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

Where do you have bulge/ lump?

Duration of symptoms?

Please upload a photo.
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Male 31
It has been there for 4-5 weeks hasn’t got larger

I didn't receive your photo yet.

Please upload it again.

Hopefully you get it now
It’s moveable and no pain

Is it soft or hard to touch?

Itching?

No to itching, soft sometimes hard sometimes when I press on it it moves
Squishy feeling round it sometimes
What part of my body is that?

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, it indicates a sebaceous cyst or Lipoma.

As it's warm to touch so it's advised an application of OTC Hydrocort ointment and Polysporin ointment on the affected site twice a day.

As it's so small so it's not cleared in your picture.

However, I can give you an assurance that it's benign and harmless.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor
Thank you

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.

Were can I get the ointment from

Over the counter from a nearby pharmacy.

Hope this helps.

Will the cyst or limpho go on it’s own or always be there
What is the reason for it changing size?
Will go pea size then feel like a bulge then go pea size again

Sorry for late reply.

A cyst can resolve on its own.

Lipoma can be there.

As it's changing in size so it's most likely cyst and friction, an infection, inflammation can cause it to grow.

If it protrudes only while lying down or coughing then an ultrasound should be done to rule out a hernia, however, chances are slim.

Hope this helps.

Okay thanks

Welcome.
Kind Regards.

What advice would you give going forward

Thanks for replying me back.

Avoid heavy weight lifting.

And eat a fiber-rich diet.

Maintain a good hydration.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

I hope this helps.

What will the ointment do?

Thanks for replying me back.

These ointments help in reducing inflammation as you feel warm and tender to touch.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Welcome.
Kind Regards.

Ache below my left collar bone
Can I send you picture

Yes, Please send the photo of the localized site.

Round the area I have marked for you
Not painful just an ache keeps coming and going

Sorry for late reply.

I have seen your photo.

As per your description, it's intermittent ache so it can be related to either muscle twitching or nerve irritation.

You should try an application of OTC Topical diclofenac sodium ointment for a gentle massage.

Take OTC Pepcid.

If you don't feel any tenderness, swelling, pain while movement then it's nothing worrisome.

Sometimes strain due to overexertion, workout, lifting heavy weight can result in such ache.

Avoid any vigorous physical exertion.

Hope this helps.

Could it be to do with putting weight on

It could be however not common.

Can anxiety cause heart racing

Yes, anxiety can cause heart racing and palpitations.

However, if they are recurrent and causing shortness of breath, chest pain then see a doctor for a clinical exam.

Ok I am not getting any pain tho what else could it be

Lipoma or cyst can be the possible cause.

Hope this helps.