Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a spider bite that swole my finger. I took a

Customer Question
I have a spider...

I have a spider bite that swole my finger. I took a benadryl. I can take amoxicillin for the infection in my finger.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

It was Scratching yesterday and I was scratching a in that woke up this morning with swollen.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It was itching yesterday and I was scratching. And I woke up today with swollen

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
5/15/2018
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Please upload a picture to review.

Is it tender, painful and warm to touch?

Any other medical history?

What is the strength of your Amoxicillin?

Are you taking any other medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

58 age blood pressure pills and that took a Benadryl.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, you should apply cool compresses with an ice pack.

And clean the area with betadine solution.

And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.

You can take Amoxicillin if your swelling, pain, tenderness are increasing.

You can update your tetanus status if you hadn't received for last 10 years.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.