Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My grandson (5) saids a mosquito bite him on his penis this…

Hi,my grandson (5) saids...

Hi,my grandson (5) saids a mosquito bite him on his penis this morning. He said its been hurting all day. It is swollen and red. I put a little alcohol on it an hour ago and he saids it feels better now. Would benadryl help?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No, this just happened today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

He had mosquito on his eye lid a month ago that was also swollen and lasted for a few days, but went down with benadryl

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/14/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Dear,

I am sorry to hear about insect bite on your son's penis.

Well, you can give him Benadryl. That would help in itching/swelling from allergy or bite.

Mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone can help too. It can be applied once a day.

Applying an ice pack would also be useful.

If he complains of much pain or if the swelling continues to increase please get him examined by a doctor.

Most likely he should be fine, and such mosquito bite can be easily managed at home.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

You were very helpful. THanks

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor