Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion]

I have a question. I feel something like…

Customer Question
Second opinion] [Second opinion]<p>Hi, I...
Second opinion] [Second opinion]<p>Hi, I have a question. I feel something like soft on back my of neck. When my head move down I feel it soft but if I move my head up I dont feel anything. Is it my neck muscles?</p>
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
5/14/2018
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

This is likely to be a collection of fat such as a lipoma which is a harmless swelling that can become prominent in a certain position. This is not worrisome or alarming and you can safely relax. This is a very common swelling and will not cause any complication.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?
Thank you!

Sorry. Just read it now. The other question I have is lipoma or fat on my neck i can feel soft with my finger is nornal?

Dear customer,

Thank you for reading my answer.

Yes, this is a very common swelling in the neck and absolutely harmless. This will be present for many years without causing any complications.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!

I would like to ask how come I can feel it with my finger when my neck move down?is it my muscles or what is this? It's not hard it feel soft.

Dear customer,

Thank you for accepting that you have read my answer and found it satisfactory.

This is a collection of fat which is soft and which can be felt only in a certain position of the neck. This is a common swelling which is benign and harmless. You should not worry regarding this.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!

but I would like to ask is it normal that I can feel it with fingers only when my neck move down? When my neck straight I dont feel anything. It feel like soft and when I press it in it doesn't feel hurt or hard. What is these thing?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

This is a lipoma which is normal to be felt only when you move your neck in a certain position. It can disappear in another position.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Did I answer your question?
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!