Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Over the past week I've noticed that I have some swelling…

Customer Question
Over the past week...

Over the past week I've noticed that I have some swelling under my jawline I expressed this to my doctor and when blood work was done the results were normal minus an indication of anemia....im also type 2 and have hypertension .. just need to know what is this an indication of. Thanks in advance.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Last month when the blood work was done and yes my father had hypertension

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Type 2 diabetic and again due to my blood work I'm also anemic

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/13/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

How old are you?

Is the area painful? Is it getting larger?

Can you attach a photo here?

I'm 46 yrs of age...there is no pain in the area..also forgot to mention a resemblance of a sore between my lip and cjon is present on the same side the lump is under the neck.unfortunately I can't provide a photo.

Do you smoke or drink?

How long have you noticed this swelling?

I do drink. It occurred some months ago. Then it decrese but still a small presence. Since a week ago it increased and I also noticed some blood in my stools as well that can tie into the anemia.

This could be a lymph node that is intermittently becoming inflamed due to a mouth infection like the sore in your mouth right now. Depending on the location, it may also be your submandibular gland that can sometimes become inflamed due to an infection. This often occurs intermittently and after eating. Of course, allowing a doctor to see and palpate the region will definitely help with the diagnosis. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!