Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a rash that looks similar to hives, but is only on my…

I have a rash...

I have a rash that looks similar to hives, but is only on my right arm and leg - no where else. It is a little itchy, but not bad; red, but not blisters. It has been over two weeks and I have used hydrocortisone cream, with little results.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling, no pain either. The rash broke out and has not really gotten worse or better.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I have no known allergies. I had breast cancer, but that was 12 years ago.

5/12/2018
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I shall be consulting you today.

Continue applying hydrocortisone cream.

Have you used an antihistamine pill for this?

No

Use an antihistamine pill like loratadine.

You can buy this over the counter.

It will relieve the itching and inflammation as well.

Medicaldoctor