Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was in Mexico 2 weeks ago. When I got home - I unpacked…

Customer Question
I was in Mexico...

I was in Mexico 2 weeks ago. When I got home - I unpacked and me and my husband were bitten all over our legs by something - we never saw what it was. I now have over 60 bites on both legs, hands and arms, 5 are infected and Ive had a high fever, nausea and body aches. What is going on?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

There is swelling - some have dried up and scabbed over but i tend to itch at nighht when im asleep and breaks the bites open

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high blood pressure

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
5/12/2018
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I shall be consulting you today.

You have been bitten by an insect.

You need to take antihistamine pill once daily to reduce itching, redness and swelling if there is any.

Take Ibuprofen 400 mg 2 to 3 times a day. This would help with discomfort.

Apply cold compresses to the areas.

Also, apply an over the counter hydrocortisone ointment on the areas where you have the rash.

Avoid scratching.

This should resolve in 4 to 5 days.

If your symptoms don't improve with these you would need to see your doctor as this can cause an infection as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Please do take a moment to click on the stars on the top left of this thread to rate this positively with 5 stars.

Thank you

Best wishes