Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For about the past week I have had a dull pain and

Hello, for about the past...
Hello, for about the past week I have had a dull pain and discomfort in my right testicle area. I am 24 years old (male). Finally, today I went to urgent care to get checked out. I gave a urine sample and received an ultrasound of my bladder and testes. Everything came back negative. I am still feeling the discomfort, and it is not really helped with ibuprofin. I have a lump on the top of my right testicle (similar to the one on the left) - is this normal? It seems this is where the discomfort originates. Sometimes shifting positions helps, but I am beginning to panic this is something serious as it is not going away. What could this be?
5/12/2018
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to know that . It sounds like orchitis or testicular inflammation . You lump you are referring to shouldnt be anything of concern as the ultrasound would have picked up anything abnormal .

You need to continue taking ibuprofen . You may apply ice too .

It can take a few days so you will need to be patient .

However if you develop fever , have a discharge or there is noticeable swelling then it might need a course of antibiotics too.

I hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards

Hi Doctor - How much ibuprofin should I take? I am about 165lbs. Should I be taking 200mg (one tablet) or 400mg?The discomfort is much worse this evening after the ultrasound and feeling around. Would ultrasound have picked up swelling?Also, should I refrain from any sexual activity while this issue is active. Thank you

You can take 200mg or 400mg twice a day depending upon severity of the pain. Yes ultrasound should have picked up anything sinister.

Its advisable to avoid sex till you feel better.

Thank you doctor. I just examined myself and there is definitely a soft lump on the top/back of my right testicle. The same is present on the left side, but not as large. Is this normal? Could this be the source of the pain and swelling?

This is normal . No concerns there .This shouldnt be causing you any pain .

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor