Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a 30 yo married man and this is my story. End of

I'm a 30 yo...

I'm a 30 yo married man and this is my story.End of february - Testicle pain and difficulty reaching ejaculation for a few days. Also, a mild pain near the rectum/anus for a few days
March 25 - Received unprotected oral sex from a woman
April 3 - Started to feel intense burning sensation in penis (not when urinating; in fact, urinating relieved it). Also, intense pain located in glans to the right, between the corona and the meatus. No discharge.
April 3 - Took 1.0 g of azythromicin and 1.0 g of ciprofloxacin, just in case. Gonorrhea/Chlamydia/Mycoplasma, etc, and urine culture and stain grams all negative.
April 5 - A lot of urinary urgency. CT scan reveals inflammed bladder walls, small urine retention and urinalysis shows WBC count of 2-4. Start on levfloxacin.
April 14 - Symptoms continue. Urine turns very thick. Urologist says it's urethritis (which I don't think so, because the burning is not when urinating, but mostly all the time) orders another CT scan and MRI. Everything comes out normal, except WBC count in urine: 8-10. Culture and STD negative again.
April 17 - Doctor orders 4 weeks of levofloxacin, tamsulosin and solifenacin. Also, something for a fungal infection and a pill for if the penis pain was neurological.
April 30 - Another urine. Everything normal this time, including WBC count. STD panel negative.
May 7 - Doctor has diagnosed prostatitis and insists on continuing treatment. Symptoms persist: frequent urination, constant intense burning in penis/bladder, painful ejaculation and small amount of semen, thick urine, occasional testicle pain. No rash on penis, no discharge, no lesions, no fever, no joint pain.Could this be really prostatitis? If it is, could it be bacterial from the oral sex episode? Is constant burning in pain more consistent with non chlamydial NGU (or NSU) or prostatitis? Could it be related to the bladder more than the prostate?Please help. I don't know what else to do.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

It's one month already, so it's beginning to be chronic

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Enlarged prostate a couple of years ago, went away after natural medications

5/7/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry you are having a urinary tract problem. From your description, this is not an infection of your bladder or urethra and not an STI. It is most likely from your Prostate and is either Prostatitis or possible Prostate Stone. Men rarely get symptoms from a Chlamydia infection. If it were an infection, the antibiotics you have taken would have provided relief and you would not have symptoms now. Prostatitis can take 3-4 weeks of antibiotics to resolve, so if you have already been on Levofloxacin for 3-4 weeks without resolution, it is time you had a Cystoscopy to have a direct look at your prostate gland to determine exactly what is causing you to still have symptoms. Small calcifications in the prostate could be missed by MRI or CT. Please discuss getting Cystoscopy with your doctor.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor