Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor
Experience:  General physician with experience in General & Family Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

Made a dumb mistake and did some cocaine the other night. I

made a dumb mistake and did some cocaine the other night. I I don't know why. I haven't done that in 30 years! I did not share a straw. I wonder if there is any risk of getting HIV or HVC if I did not share anything...but maybe someone dipped something in the powder and some blood got in there. I don't know..just freaking out. I'm so stupid! I don't do anything like that! 0 haven't in 30 years !
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: I'm completely stressed out now!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
should I get tested for HIV or HCV ? I believe my memory to be pretty good and I do not think I shared any instruments. But I do not know if the guy who had it might have given anyone else some coke..and they dipped something into the tiny bag and maybe some blood got in there. I don't know. I'm just freaking out. Back to church I suppose! I am so stupid !!

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

I understand your concern.
As per your description, hepatitis c and HIV are mostly transmitted by in contact with infected blood and its products such as sharing needles, sexual transmission, blood transfusion or in contact with that. In general, I would say its a low-risk activity by sharing straw unless there are open sores in your mouth or other person's mouth or bleed at the same time.

Even if there might be blood chances are very very slim.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you think that the fact that I did not share any straws might reduce my chances to effectively zero ?

Thank you for replying back.

Yes, the overall risk is zero if you didn't share any straw.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
one last question, as you can tell I am paranoid. If someone used a car key ( which would probably not go IN someone's nose, and dipped it in a bag ( and say that person had HIV or HVC) , and then I used my car key, do you think the chances are still effectively zero? Sorry...my mind is just racing...but basically I feel a bit better - thank you

I give you 100% assurance that chances of transmission from using car key in such way wouldn't impose any risk of HIV or Hepatitis C transmission in your case.

Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was wondering about any blood droplets in the bag..though I did not see anything

No, this wouldn't cause you HIV or Hepatitis C in such way.

You shouldn't worry.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you VERY VERY MUCH !!! I'm going back to CHUCH!! ( really) and getting married to a good woman. I know why i gave up any crazy activities 30 years ago! THANK YOU !

You shouldn't worry at all.

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.