Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor with 9 years of experience in family medicine, pediatrics, sexually transmitted diseases, dermatology, gynecology, general surgery and traumatology
99147888

I have been having to irinate often lately, 3-4 times a

I have been having to irinate often lately, 3-4 times a night which is unusual and I have pain all around my scrotium like a muscle pull. I can sit ok but when I walk there is pain. This has never happened before and come up one morning out of the blue about 1-2 weeks ago and it is better a bit worse.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 2 week’s or so walking espicially up an incline
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I have never had gall stones.

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok

How old are you?

Have you had any change in urine color?
have you had recent sexual activity before you started having symptoms?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
58 no sexual activity and urine looks normal
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there?

yes, Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, even though there are no urinary symptoms, the first cause of increased urinary frequency is due to infectious processes and therefore a urine test should be performed. Since you have pain in your scrotum, you should think about the possibility of epididymitis, an infectious testicular inflammatory process that can generally confirm the symptoms you are experiencing.
for this, I suggest a testicular ultrasound and urine test.
The second cause in order of frequency is due to an increase in the prostate that may manifest itself with an increase in the frequency of urinating at night, for this, I suggest a PSA blood test (prostatic antigen).
Do not be alarmed that the most likely reason for the pain symptoms is due to epididymitis I suggest starting with ibuprofen 400mg every 8 hours, but the urine test should be performed as part of the treatment consists of indicating antibiotics.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the information. It is appreciated.

You're welcome.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen