Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What causes lesions on the kidneys? They just found the

Customer Question
What causes lesions on...

What causes lesions on the kidneys?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

They just found the lesions on a CT scan when my husband had a bowel obstruction. He is taking minimal medications mostly for cholesterol and metformin for pre diabetes.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Fexofenadine, lisinopril, lutein, pantop0razole, tamsulosin, topiramate, ubiquinone, restasis, metformin; allergic to compazine, augmentin, leavaquin, floxin, morphine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has had four bowel obstructions since 2008. he is 77 years old. They performed surgery for the first obstruction and the other three they have gotten to relax with NG tube and bowel rest.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/5/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Could you please post the CT scan here or exact language about the kidney lesions on CT scan?

I don't have that information. The hospitalist just mentioned the lesions as he was dismissing me from the hospital. No one else had mentioned that. He said I needed to see my primary care physician and have it checked out. We have moved to a new community and as of yet do not have a new primary care physician. We will be doing that the first of the week. I was in Olathe Medical Center in Olathe, KS.

Lesions on the kidneys can be just scarring. This can happen due to;

1) Aging.

2) High blood pressure

3) Diabetes.

4) Infections.

5) Abdominal surgeries.

6) Medications.

These lesions are unlikely to be worrisome.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.