Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What could cause my exernal reproductive organs to tighten…

Customer Question
What could cause my...

What could cause my exernal reproductive organs to tighten up as if I was nude in ice cold water. this is a continuous problem all day everyday and has become quite uncomfortable and frustrating. I also do not believe that I am getting proper blood flow to that area, to the distal portion at least. I say this because my penis tends to be discolored (pale) and gets cold all the time in the same way that my fingers and and toes do in the cold. Thanks.I am a 23 year old athlete by the way.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hypertension.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2018
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

The external organs becoming tight and the penis feeling cold is related to the same problem - your high blood pressure.

High blood pressure can cause the blood vessels in the penis and external genital organs to get damaged - this will decrease blood flow to the penis, resulting in pallor and decreased temperature.

The tissues of the genital organs will also tend to be affected and contract if the blood pressure is very high.

Damage to blood vessels is usually occur in older people who have had high blood pressure for many years.

Please consult a urologist for a thorough checkup. You may need a Doppler ultrasound to check the blood vessels of the penis.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.