Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've become fed up with local doctors. My anxiety is severe…

Customer Question
I've become fed up...

I've become fed up with local doctors. My anxiety is severe enough for ER visits but I have nothing prescribed for anxiety attacks. It's so hard to get xanax or Valium. As soon as I ask for it they assume I'm a junkie.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I've been dealing g with anxiety for 4 years. It's like I'm always stuck in fight mode.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am being treated for anxiety with hydroxyzine, catapress, and venlafaxine. I'm not a fan of these medications because they make me severely constipated. I am looking for a muscle relaxer and maybe a benzo

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
I am tense all the time and my brain just keeps misfiring. So I become super jumpy. I lost my job because of it and I throw up because of it multiple times a week. I need something to help with the constant attacks.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text or Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I would prefer texting.
5/2/2018
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren,I have over 37 years of clinical experience,I will help with your query.You appear to be having Generalised Anxiety Disorder/Syndrome,You need to see a mental health professional for counselling/Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT).Such problems are usually treated withCBDT in addition to SSRIs (venlafaxine is one of them,they may take 8-10 weeks for their full action to become apparent.Other drugs used would include Tricyclic Antidepressants which include Amitriptyline,Clomimipramine , anxiolytic drugs like Buspirone(Buspar) are usually added initially to reduce the stress.Benzodiazepines are best avoided because of their addiction potential.Regular physical exercise,long rambling walks,spending time with family and friends,meditiation and prayer,listening to soft music will help.You need to avoid alcohol and tobacco as that will interfere with your healing.

Will you be able to prescribe me anything?
I get too much phone anxiety to call. It's super inconvenient.
I've been prescribe xanax before. I don't over use it. I only use it for attacks that last longer than 40 minutes. The really bad ones.