Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had tubal reversal 2005 and successfully had 4 children…

Customer Question
I had tubal reversal...

I had tubal reversal 2005 and successfully had 4 children after our fourth child I had Essure procedure which at confirmation hash 3 months later showed left side no patency satisfactory results my question is what about the right tube ?? Can I get pregnant there is no implant shown on that side the technician said I don’t see a right side tube well I never lost tube

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Yes I have my jag report and pics with me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.

T​hanks for your question and welcome to JustAnswer.

Your question is a good one. It sounds like the ultrasound technician was unale to find the right fallopian tube. This sometimes happens in which the technician is unable to find the structure of interest during the ultrasound. Unfortunately, it's not possible to be sure that the right tube is confirmed unless it is clearly seen on the ultrasound. Therefore, it is possible that you could become pregnant if it turns out that the right tube is not successfully blocked by the Essure.

In this case, I would recommend that you discuss this further with your gynecologist. Often, they are able to perform an in-office ultrasound during a visit to confirm that both tubes are blocked. The gynecologist will often have better ultrasound skills than the technician.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions for you.

Well he did perform the test with a technician however it was maybe 2 min and I was so shocked when he said I lost that but when my tubes was reversed the right side was just 2 cm long so I believe that it why the implant did not go in so the left was longer and showed implant I did not even go any further asking so here I am 48 and would love another child and just wondered if possible thank you

I​ see. Since no Essure was implanted on the right side, there is a definite chance that you could be come pregnant. It's difficult to say for sure, but as long as you are still having menstrual periods, pregnancy is certainly possible. I sincerely ***** ***** the best. Take care.

Dr. Greg

8