Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My nose is always cold even when the weather is warm I am an…

Customer Question
My nose is always...

My nose is always cold even when the weather is warm I am an 87 year old female and this has just started in the last 6 months. I was at my family doctor recently but you only have 20 minutes with her so didn't have time to discuss it. I assume iam in good health I take 3 medicatations

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No - no temperature and no health problems

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Ive gone to the same doctor since I was 65

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
5/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD
Hello, my name is***** am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.
Since you are in good health, I don’t think you need to be worried about your symptoms. The nose usually gets colder than the rest of the body because it takes longer for blood to circulate to this area. So it doesn’t necessarily mean that there is something wrong with your circulation. This can also happen with the hands and feet again because it takes longer for the blood to reach them compared to rest of the body.
I hope that I was able to help and please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you would like me to clarify something. If you are satisfied with my service, please consider giving me a 5-star rating. Rating me now will not close the question. We can continue to chat until you are satisfied. Thanks.