Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past three days the left side of my throat feels…

Customer Question
For the past three...

For the past three days the left side of my throat feels like it is swollen on the vocal chord.. I am a singer and have no highs on my voice...it feels like it is weak and will not support notes. I was beginning to lose my speaking voice Sunday, and it is still on the verge of hoarseness.

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

It is kind of mild, except for the weakness I feel and difficulty with weakness and a bit diffiult to swallow...taking small bites of food...chewing thoroughly.#

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had throat problems when I was touring with a broadway show but, I have not been singing on that kind of intensity (8 shows a week). I am a former smoker...quit in 1989.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** am an ENT physician and I will be assisting you today.

How old are you?

Were you using your voice a lot before this started? Have you been sick at all?

Any cough, bloody sputum, regurgitation?