Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Sometimes I have a feeling of coolness on my knee or outer…

Sometimes I have a...

Sometimes I have a feeling of coolness on my knee or outer thigh, it moves around a bit and goes away no pain, no difference in skin color

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

I am over weight, but do not have high blood pressure, cholesterol or diabeties. I did tweak my knee a few weekends ago and it was slightly swollen so I assumed it is due to that but wanted to check

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, no strange family history i notice it when I am sitting

4/30/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How old are you?

How long do you have with this symptoms?

31 year old female, and about 1 week

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

I don't have any pain or anything, just a cool patch, that moves around sometimes

Dear friend, this sensation in the knee and thigh is characteristic of neuropathies, neuropathies are irritations or nerve alterations of a defined area that alter the function of an area or alter the superficial or deep sensitivity of a specific area,
for this to happen there must be trauma to the nerve or some kind of compression.
In effect after some traumatism or twisting or injury of a joint such as the knee, it tends to weaken and become inflamed, this inflammation generates compression on the nerve fibers generating such symptoms.
recovery from neuropathy is slow and depends on whether the injury is again stimulated, that is, whether your knee is still swollen or overloaded.
In your case you should let your knee rest from long walks or be standing for long hours as this slows down the recovery process.
This sensation will disappear in 3 weeks after the knee has recovered, so it is important to take care of it.
You should not be alarmed that these symptoms will disappear but you should take care of the knee from a new injury.

Do you have any question?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

No, thank you

you're welcome.

Sorry, just one, hurting the knee can effect the thigh nerve?
I can't tell if it is actually cold or just the feeling of cold, I believe it is the later
but I am unsure

Yes, totally, as the nerves pass through the thigh, the knee and reach the foot. in different diameters but have the same nerve fiber.

But his symptoms are totally temporary, he must let his knee recover and notice how they disappear.

Edgar Rubio Villegas