Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is experiencing itchy pumps that looks like

Customer Question
My husband is experiencing...

My husband is experiencing itchy pumps that looks like blisters he tried everything over the counter and still feels itchy and irritating his skin between his thighs

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

For 2weeks just a lil help

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

And he is losing his hair on the left side of his head there is a bald spot

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

does he have excessive moisture and sweating between the thighs? this can lead to a skin fungal infection which can cause itching and skin irritation and odor

He tried over ther counter and doctor prescribes fungus cream

he most likely has a groin fungal infection or jock itch fungal skin infection there

there are over the counter antifungal itch powders and sprays he can use 3-4 times a day like Tinactin, or lotramin or prescription Nystatin powder to use on the area 4 times a day for 4-6 weeks which can help clear up skin fungal infection

the key is to keep the area dry and fight the skin fungal infection

and to use the treatment for 1 week after the skin rash disappears.

creams are not good in a moist area

powders are better, like Nystatin powder

Ok he also have bumps on his arms but only where his tattoos are it’s been bothering him for bout a month I’ve used Creams from my doctor and over the counter they stops the itching For a little while but it comes back

he has to continue to use the antifungal powders for 4-6 weeks

and use it for 1 week more after the rash goes away

and he has to keep the area dry with baby powder after that to prevent excessive moisture.