Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How possible is it to transmit genital warts to my one year…

How possible is it to...
How possible is it to transmit genital warts to my one year old through a diaper change? How possible is it to transmit them non sexually?
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/30/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Tha is possible due to skin to skin contact or by touching warts and touching the skin of your baby without washing hands though the risk of transmission through this route is minimal.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Minimal enough to where I shouldn’t be worried? Like if I had changed out a tampon and accidentally touched a wart (baby just woke up from nap and starts crying hysterically) and forget to wash my hands and change his diaper?
Are you still there?

Thanks for the reply.

This incident would not carry enough virus to transmit it to the baby but repeated such contacts can cause especially during the period of less immunity like the baby gets sick.