Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband was in hospital with a fractured Pelvis and was…

Customer Question
My husband was in...

My husband was in hospital with a fractured Pelvis and was put into a isolation room for 10 days only because that was the only room available and when he came home all the skin peeled of his feet and since then he gets cold cold feet at night and cannot sleep

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

No He has just said his feet are cold and he has had a curclelation test and all was good When I felt his feet tonight they feel warm but he said they are cold on the inside

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No His GP is baffled as well

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
How long before I get an answer
4/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD

Hello, my name is***** and I am reviewing your question. I will type in my response in a couple of minutes. Thanks for your patience.

Because your husband has been experiencing the sensation of cold feet and his feet don't feel cold to the touch, this may be a sign of a nerve problem such as a condition called peripheral neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy occurs as a result of nerve damage caused by injury or an underlying medical disorder. I assume that his primary doctor has done a complete set of blood work and everything is normal - I would ask about results of his blood sugar (rule out diabetes), thyroid test (rule out hypothyroidism) and vitamin B12 levels (rule out vitamin B12 deficiency). If all of his lab test results are normal, I would speak to his doctor about ordering a nerve test called an EMG test or electromyogram. This test will confirm if he has indeed some nerve damage to his legs.

I hope this response was helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.