Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE A 3 YR OLD BOY AND FOUND A LUMP JUST UNDER THE AER ON…

I HAVE A 3...

I HAVE A 3 YR OLD BOY AND FOUND A LUMP JUST UNDER THE AER ON THE JAW LINE DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE MUMPS? hE SAYS IT'S SORE UT DOES NOT HURT OR HAVE FEVER?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

IT'S HARD AND JUST SAW IT TODAY

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

NO OTHER THAN HAVING TUBE PLACED LAST YEAR NAD HAS HAD A RUNNY NOSE FOR OVER A MONTH AND DR. SAYS IT'S ALLERGIES.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/29/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Can you send a picture?

I don't know how to up load to the computer, sorry.

You can attach it to the clip icon in tool bar.

NO THANKS

It is not necessary to call.
It is an automated response.
Some customers want it.
It is website generated.

I STILL DON'T HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO ATTACH OR UPLOAD
THE LUMP IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A PRUNE
ARE YOU STILL THERE?

Yes, I was waiting for picture.

Does he have it on one side only?

HIS LEFT SIDE JUST BELOW THE EAR.
I CAN'T SEND YOU A PIC BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
It is likely to be a lymph node.
It can be enlarged from an infection of adjacent organ or skin or soft tissue.
Mumps usually causes swelling on both sides.
Pumps swelling is more diffuse in nature.
You can wait & watch.
You can give him motrin.
Warm application can be done.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

WHAT DO YOU EAN BY PUMPS SWELLING?

It was a typo, sorry.

It would be Mumps swelling.

OK THANKS..... VERY HELPFUL...

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)