Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Sever pain in left side that gotten worse over last 10

Customer Question
Sever pain in left...

Sever pain in left side that gotten worse over last 10 months. Now it also includes middle o my chest area. Bad pain that leads to salivating followed by dry heaves and sometimes vomiting attack. After this pain subsides over the next hour.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

10 months nothing makes it feel better or worse now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was in emergency room o April 5 18. Heart ok ct of abdomen clear blood work all ok sent me home no idea what is going on

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Thx

How old are you?

what triggers it?

I am 68 yrs old. Nothing triggers it. I just feel the pain starting
It usually takes 3 to 5 hours of increasing pain to trigger the salivating dry heaves vomiting

It sounds like esophageal spasm or severe reflux

I would try prilosec 20 mg daily and see your doctor for an endoscopy

they will be able to give you a referral.

is this helpful?

I have been using the generic form of priloc all along.

Ok then it might esophageal spasm or gall bladder

the CAT scan wouldn't pick up either one

I recommend an ultrasound of the gall bladder and a barium swallow when it happens

Could there be a skin bacteria going on since this pain has moved also they said my gall bladder was fine from the scan

The CAT scan doesn't look at the gall bladder very well

You need an ultrasound

I don't think there is a skin bacteria

you would see it

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I have been to my family physician 4 times about this, emergency room, chiropractor and they offer no ideas.
Ultrasound and barium swallow. I just gave you two ideas. Gall bladder or esophageal spasm