Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

DR ARUN this is page 3

DR ARUN this is page 3
4/27/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hi Mike.

I n the last 3 days I start having bruises . 4 of them 2 in each arm, 2 on one leg. I never hit or enything else
the only thing i think the cause is plavix

Yes, plavix is the commonest cause.

There is skin thinning in your age group too which may be responsible for easy bruising.

Take vitamin C 500 mg every day for 10 days.

Cornelia has pain in rigt arm, shoulder X ray shows a tendon is not ok. She barely lift up the hand . What she should do non invasive ?
ARE you on line

A steroid shot can help Cornelia.

Deep electrotherapy done at physical therapy would also be good.

On coq10 box is posted that interfires with blood pressure pills propanolol, I red that interfires with plavix to. Did you know that. MY eyes are very bad when I look at the screen they are watery
Blood pressure medications -- In a clinical study of individuals taking blood pressure medications, including diltiazem (Cardizem), metoprolol (Lopressor or Toprol), enalapril (Vasotec), and nitroglycerin (Nitrostat or Nitrobid), CoQ10 supplementation allowed the individuals to take lower dosages of these drugs. This suggests that CoQ10 may enhance the effectiveness of certain blood pressure medications, but more research is needed to verify these results.Blood-thinning medications -- There have been reports that coenzyme Q10 may decrease the effectiveness of blood-thinning medications such as warfarin (Coumadin) or clopidigrel (Plavix), leading to the need for increased doses. Therefore, given that this medication must be monitored very closely for maintenance of appropriate levels and steady blood thinning, CoQ10 should be used with warfarin only under careful supervision by your health care provider.
I THINK i GOT A VIRUS FROM THE HOSPITAL, NOSE DRIPPING , EYES WATERY, VERY WEAK. i WALKED 30 MINUTES TODAY AND AFTER THAT I WAS FINISHED.

Thirty minutes walking is pretty good.

Walk 20 minutes 2 or 3 times a day.

Co-Q10 may affect the plavix very marginally.

BP medications have positive effects.

I slept 9 hours continu. I am stiff all over including the back , the neck I barely van move. I am doing massage but nothing yet. What should I do

Take Deep breaths.

Drink warm water.

Tylenol would help.

Continue mild massae with a moisturizer.

Move all the joints slowly and slightly.

Do not worry. Nothing serious.

the joints are OK, the muscles and tendons are stiff , extended to the upper back and ribs. I contionu massage and hot tea, Face start tingling. I will keep you posted
I bought ensure enlive for muscles. Very expesive in canada, 15 dollars for 4 bottles. I will try to buy from the US., but they donot deliver in Canada
I had bad stomach with diareea.Ensure is recommended by doctors as a good dietary supplement, but it should not be used to replace a normal diet, as doing so deprives the body of essential dietary elements. Drinking Ensure without eating a healthy diet can lead to unwanted weight loss and frailty. Medication interactions could result in serious health complications as a result of impairment of the drugs’ pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, according to Drug.com.Consulting a doctor is recommended before taking Ensure and other dietary formulas. This is because adverse health complications could arise when the formula is taken by people who already have certain diseases or health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes; liver, pancreas, stomach and intestine diseases; lactose intolerance; diarrhea; dehydration; hyperglycemia; malnutrition and kidney problems, notes Drugs.com. Other side effects may manifest depending on individual, and the best action is to seek medical attention.
It has milk chocolate and I am not good with milk.,maybe I drank on empty stomach a full botle
I dont know what to do anymore, I am losing weight. I buy supplimments which I am very sensitive of
BP 100-106 over 60-62. I am very sensitive to everything

Your blood pressure is not bad.

Do not try to read, too much medical literature.

It can play on your mind.

Medical literature is all jugglery of statistics.

DR ARUN, I feel terible the symptoms got very acute, thereis an enervation all over the body with stiffening of neck ,head and fet. BP was high and I took an inderal to lower it, Face and temples are very tight
THe body wants to tighten it self . I took inderal and tylenol but no change
IT is 3 oclock . ARE you on line . This is n o good I am all wet, and the neck is very tight, I could breath
dr arun are you on line

Try to relax, Mike.

It is a cycle which you need to break. Once you start thinking that you are strangulated or something bad is going to happen; the situation worsens.

it is not a matter of relaxations. The face and the muscles of the face are tight rightb now , so the head and neck

I understand this Mike. But being calm would still help.

I am Calm but the body is atacked unbelieveble, the hands ,the face , the top of the head. BP is 152 over87, THe nrves are acting more and more
last night I had profund perspiration
are you there

Any medical issue accompanied by fear would cause perspiration.

This does not mean a life threatening or cardiac issue.

Dr ARUN I slept half an hour and my head got very tight with a very high pressure. Two readings 190 and 170

Wait for half an hour.

If the reading same high, you may need to go to ER or lowering the BP.

I took inderal erlier and the BP was good. The moment I lie down I get all Tight, and the BP goes up
I moved around and massage my temples it did go down to 157 over 84the tightening is unbeliveble with head and neck. The moment I sit down gets tight. I went earlier to a walk in clinic and they told me that they have nothing to do with the same problerm
why is this vasoconstriction

Vasoconstriction is spasm of the blood vessel and decrease of the blood flow. Your problem seems to be of muscles and may be joints.

joints are OK. This tightening is from body atacking itself. If I go to sleep the tightening will be maximal and the BP will go very high. This is happening from the last few days,very dangerous, The other night I had 217 thats when I went to ER. The face is tingling, and all the tendons in the body are painful. While I am writindg the head is getting tight so the chest

Dangerous is your perception. Since you get scared, it augments further.

It comes by any inactivity.

are you there. I am very bad , the troat is tigtening with the temples . I cant swalow

Drink liquids only.

And do not think that any life threatening issue may occur suddenly.

I think this are spasm.The face is tingling and the muscles are a bit more not so stiff. There is an element of panic too. But definetly there is a neurological aspect
I forced myself to eat a soup and a banana. I took my time, but I do not understand why the tightening is becoming vicious when I sit or lie down

You may get a biopsy done of skin and underlying tissue.

If you are taking cholesterol reducing medicine, that may the culprit.

You think?cholesterol pills ?

Yes, cholesterol pills.

I took a oval pill of COQ10, it is hard to swalow it. It started again this tightening
We are closing the page. Will be no 4

I do not think swallowing can be affected. The muscles outside and inside are controlled differently.

I am very tight head and neck BP 200 I took nitro and at pharmacy gave me cLONIDINE for BP higer than 180

That should take care of the high blood pressure.

Avoid salt.

I close the page , I paid the bonus move to page 4

Thanks, Mike.