Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a rash that do not go away with over the counter

I have a rash...

I have a rash that do not go away with over the counter creams

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes I told my cardiologist and he switched my meds.and there no change. I'm taking Tramdol 37.5 mg., Entresto 97-103mg.,Carvedolol 12.5mg.,Spironolactone 25mg.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The only thing is that skin rash is located under my left breast and my right groin the color is dark and it itches as well as peels.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

About a month I use Lotromin spray and cream the itch goes away periodically but comes back.

4/27/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the rash here?

That is too personal to take picture and send it

If you are worried about your identity, this is a completely anonymous service. I have absolutely no idea where you are located, your name or any of your personal details. We the doctors have absolutely no idea who you are and where you are located. The reason im asking for a picture is because it will give me a better idea as to what it can be. If you cant take a picture can you describe the rash in as much detail as you can.

The rash color is black there is no skin rise or bumps it itches and peels.
I understand about the privacy but I don't trust pictures of my body on sites.

This is the one in the groin or under the breast? or both? Also is the rash painful? Any discharge from the rash? When it peels does it show new skin underneath or does it show red colored flesh?

the rash located under the breast and the groin and it painful at times but itches mostly as well as peeling.

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

Ok thanks.

Given the description, there are few possibilities which come to mind. The black color of the rash and the fact that the skin peels away at times and you also have itching in the region means that you may have developed a fungal infection in the region. Fungal infection COMMONLY occurs in these locations and they can cause a black colored appearance to the skin especially if the rash is relatively long standing. In most cases application of topical antifungal agents like the Lotrimin that you used would be adequate HOWEVER there are many patients who require stronger and potent medications. In this case, I think you would benefit the most from using Oral fluconazole tablets which can be prescribed by your doctor. Using these tablets for a period of 1-2 weeks should be able to get rid of this rash once and for all. At the same time, I would suggest that you have your doctor swab the rash and examine it under a microscope for confirmation of the fungal infection. A culture of the swab would also be very useful here.

The discoloration (black or brown) is commonly seen in these kinds of infections and this is referred to as intertrigo. I would suggest that you start using OTC antihistamine like Zyrtec or Claritin for the itching but at the same time have this evaluated as you will need oral fluconazole along with topical steroid an antifungal creams to eliminate the rash.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Ok I guess I will have to see my family medicine doctor for this rash thank for answering my questions.

That would be the best idea. Also, you are welcome and best of luck!

Thanks again and you are welcome.