Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a soft small lump inside my inner thigh upper side.

I have a soft...

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Soft. movable. from two years or so

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Thats it

4/27/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you

Soft lumps that have lasted this long without much progression are either sebaceous cysts or lipomas. If this lump is superficial and seems attached to the skin then it is a sebaceous cyst. If it is deeper to the skin and moves under it then this is a lipoma.

Both these entities are benign and can be left alone or taken out surgically. The procedure is done under local or regional anesthesia and is a day care procedure.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
oh okay. it is definitely very soft and not fixed. u think i need MRI to rule out liposarcoma?? I am worried.

That will be an overkill at this point time for a lesion that is movable, soft and has been quiescent for 2 years. I do not think this is a liposarcoma and that it needs an MRI. However, I have not personally examined it and it is best to get an opinion from your PCP if you have such concerns.

Thank you for the rating.

Have a good one!

Thank you :-)

You're very welcome! :)