Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Having a lot of discomfort in my nid section. Thought it is

Having a lot of discomfort in my nid section. Thought it is Pancreatitis since I have had that before. But it has been going on for 2 weeks
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about pancreatitis?
Customer: In the past
JA: Have you seen a doctor about pancreatitis?
Customer: 15 years ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been taking Prilosec for years
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank You
Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Was there any fever before this started?
3. Are you having any nausea and vomiting?
4. How is your appetite? Do you feel like eating or avoiding food?
5. Has there been any constipation or diarrhoea?
6. Did you consume any new or exotic food which you have not had before now? For example Tapioca.
7. Is the pain full nagging continuous pain or colicky gripping intermittent pain?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1. 54 years old - Male
2. No
3. No
4. Feel like eating but it seems to cause a lot of indigestion
5. Little Diarrhea
6. Not that I can think of
7. colicky gripping intermittent painBrad
Hi Brad, correlating with your symptom analysis and putting together the history that I have gathered from you I put forth these possibilities -
1. Mild viral diarrhoea or stomach bug which you have contracted somewhere. Just keep yourself well hydrated and use zinc supplements in the form of zinc Acetate 20 MG once daily free period of 2 weeks.
2. H. pylori gastritis. This requires evaluation buy an internal medicine specialist or a Gastroenterologist.
3. Recurrence of pancreatitis which is also a possibility because you are having gripping pain lasting for more than 2 weeks.As you are already on Omeprazole since many years I do not think any additional drugs are going to act as of now, except you can try zinc supplements as I suggested.Zinc will heal the intestinal internal lining and help in abatement of symptoms." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani