Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My husband hurt his leg, went to emergency and had x-ray and

Customer Question

my husband hurt his leg, went to emergency and had x-ray and they told him nothing was broke.....this was a week ago. he is bed ridden, can not get out of bed. He is on dialysis and has not had any treatment for a week. his legs are not swollen, he seems to be doing okay in that area. He keeps trying to get out of bed, have had EMTS come and put him back in bed. This morning, he is talking crazy stuff and I have taken his blood sugar.....362 an I need to know what I need to do. Take him to the hospital and tell them he is talking junk......or PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO . I AM EXHAUSTED !!!
JA: How long has your husband had the break? Has he used any medication for it?
Customer: he has no break, just a bad sprang. they gave him pain medications to take one every 8 hours
JA: Has he seen a doctor about the break?
Customer: he was seen in the emergency room and the x-rays showed no break.
JA: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: he has a list of aliments. bad heart, diabetes, on dialysis for this now, high blood pressure, way over weight
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

he needs to go to the ER for blood testing and evaluation

most likely his creatinine and BUN levels are going to be elevated if he has not had dialysis in a week.

this can cause mental status changes.

his sugars are high as well

you need to call 911 and have him brought to the ER for evaluation

most likely they will admit him into the hospital