Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a foot doctor question. About 4 months ago my Big Toe…

Customer Question
I have a foot...

I have a foot doctor question. About 4 months ago my Big Toe on my right foot, turned dark black and blue overnight, no pain since it happened. I am worried that this could have something to do with Diabetes. I am 59 years old, and as of right now, I don't have it, although I've never been checked. My father got Diabetes in his late 60's early 70's. I believe? In his early 80's he had his left lower calf and foot amputated, and died at 87 years old in Jan. 2015. The reason I mentioned this, is because, about 2 weeks ago, my 3rd toenail on my right foot started to become discolored, very slowly it looks like it may become as dark as my big toenail. But its still no where near dark or black and blue yet. Any ideas, please?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about diabetes?

No, not yet. I have an appointment with a Podiatrist on 5/5/18.

Doctor's Assistant: What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?

I haven't been to a doctor for many years. I feel good and I am not on, or have been on medication or prescription pills

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The only serious medical condition I've ever had was over 28 years ago, and it was the furthest injury away from my toenails. On 3/8/1990, I was mugged and beaten into a coma, I had to have a blood clot removed from the top of my head, near my brain. I had the best neurosurgeon, and got a 100% recovery. Even with that injury I never neede any medication or pills once I was released from the hospital.Just an unusual side note, I never even had a headache for over 25 years, and I can count on one hand how many headaches I've since then, but I'm starting to worry now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
4/20/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post a picture of the big toe and 3rd toenail.