Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have severe pain in the tailbone area that extends to the…

I have severe pain...

I have severe pain in the tailbone area that extends to the middle of my right glut. i have not fallen recently, i am not pregnant but it feels like i need to push as if i am in active labor. i am walking very slowly

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It started yesterday evening and worse when i stand and lay down flat

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had 3 full term natural deliveries, no major accidents or falls, I am 35 and my last cbc panel showed my hormone levels were that of a woman past menopause.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/19/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age?

Is there any numbness or tingling in legs?

35 slight numbness and no tingling, when i stand my knees shake

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The severe coccyx pain/tail bone area pain you are having since yesterday can be due to various causes. Most common causes are: trauma,dislocations,referred pain from other sources:Lumbar spine facet joints and muscles ,Inflammation of the sacro-coccygeal joint, coccydynia(Inflammation of the bony area (tailbone or coccyx) located between the buttocks ).

You need Nerve testing (EMG/electromyogram),radiology testing, such as X-ray.Coccydynia is commonly diagnosed based solely on the symptoms and the examination findings of local tenderness.

Following is recommended for you now:

• Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter.
  • Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation
  • Apply analgesic gel such as diclofenac sodium twice a day
  • Have bed rest as much as possible.

All this will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
thank you for your prompt response

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh