Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What would cause nausea, dizziness, and pain in the right…

What would cause nausea...

What would cause nausea, dizziness, and pain in the right side?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

When a bowel movement comes on so does the pain, after the bowel movement it subsides

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Borderline diabetic, high blood pressure

4/19/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

On which part of right side?

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

I am a 53 year old Male. The pain is on the lower right side. The symptoms has been going for months, I have seen my regular family dr. He ordered a ultrasound. He said the gallbladder looked ok, but he says I have a fatty liver. I am 5'10" I was 240 lbs. The dr put me on trulicity and I am now 210.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The pain at lower right side of abdomen can come from a few causes.
Appendicitis (if not operated already) needs to be checked for first.
Colitis or inflammation of intestines can cause pain here.
This can cause an urge to pass stool.
There can be gas, bloating with it.
Intense pain can cause nausea.
Urinary infection, or stone can cause pain here.
Sometimes pinched nerve or muscle cramps can cause pain.
As you had urge to pass stool it is likely related to inflammation or infection of colon.
As the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by a gastroenterologist.
You can talk with your doctor for a referral.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)