Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I am experiencing extreme pain in my left side. Tender lump

Customer Question

I am experiencing extreme pain in my left side. Tender lump beneath my rib cage and lump in my hip. My hips are stiff. Fever, nauseated. Also, I went two months without me starting, and just finished an abnormally heavy cycle
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Hard a few days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My phone has low battery
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, there are a few conditions which can cause these sort of symptoms, the fact that you have tenderness underneath the left side of the abdomen, underneath the ribcage could indicate that you could have inflammation of the colon which passes through the ribcage. This would explain the tenderness and the fever. It would be diagnosed with the help of a simple ultrasound and if needed a CT scan of the abdomen.

Secondly, the presence of heavy bleeding, pain on the left side of the abdomen, tenderness, fever could indicate a severe infection of the female genital tract. This would cause all of your symptoms and it would be diagnosed with the help of an abdominal ultrasound. Again a Ct scan would be necessary here. In fact, if there is a pain in other regions of the abdomen as well then it is possible that the infection has spread to other regions of the abdomen and in that situation, you would need to head to the ER as soon as possible. Similarly, other severe infections of the abdomen can cause similar symptoms and that can lead to a condition known as peritonitis which is a surgical emergency.

The fact is that you have severe pain in the abdomen along with a fever. These two symptoms ALONE are enough to warrant an IMMEDIATE visit to the ER and you should get this checked out as soon as possible. You do need an abdominal ultrasound and a CT scan. I would STRONGLY advise visiting the ER.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/